People are living longer and longer and those 85 years of age and older are the fastest growing segment of our population. So it is quite likely you will a long life; and, it is more likely than not, if you live a long life, you are going to need some long term health care . . . very costly long term health care. The questions, concerns and legal issues surrounding aging and long term care are numerous and complicated.
- I want to live in my own home for as long as possible. How can I be assured I can get the appropriate, high quality health care I need in order to achieve this critical goal?
- If I cannot live alone at home, how can I find in-home care assistance? Should this care be through an agency or an independent contractor? Does it matter? Why or why not?
- What community-based care facilities will be the best for me? How do I choose? Who can I get to help me with assisted living facilities and how do I pay for this care?
- Who can make legal, medical and financial decisions for me if I can not take care of my home, real estate, other business affairs and medical matters on my own?
- How do I pay for the residential care I need and still maintain my house and assets for my spouse?
- Can I qualify for public assistance programs such as Medicaid and what do I need to do to apply? Do I have to spend all of my assets and resources to qualify? How do I protect my assets to help ensure that my spouse and I have the best life possible.
At The Elder Law Center-Surgeon Law Firm, Helping Seniors Age Independently . . . with Health, Wealth and Confidence is our primary focus. We can help you answer these and other questions and concerns you may have. Emphasis is placed on the importance of proper and timely Life Care Planning. As seniors approach the later stages of life and travel along their Elder Care Journey, appropriate plans must be made to address the growing long term care needs and at the same time respond to concerns of asset preservation. The professionals at The Elder Law Center-Surgeon Law Firm offer expertise, compassion and competence in helping seniors and their families make the right choices at this very critical time, and each Life Care Plan is customized, tailor-made for each particular client and their special circumstances and needs.
First the Life Care Plan we help our clients to develop and implement will focus on our clients getting good, high-quality care from very competent, compassionate caregivers who are able to provide the health care our clients need in their home, their child’s home, an assisted living facility or a nursing home.
Secondly, The Elder Law Center-Surgeon Law Firm will develop a Life Care Plan that will address the physical, health, legal and financial well-being of our clients. We work extensively with our clients and family to ensure the Life Care Plan fully addresses the current needs of our clients. We use various advance planning tools to make certain the Life Care Plan will continue to address the future changing long term health care, legal and financial needs of the client.
Thirdly, through our Life Care Planning, our goal is to design a pathway for our clients to continuously receive competent health care and effective management of their business affairs from their trusted agent while protecting the client’s asset. Even as our client may be declining physically or mentally, our Life Care Plan will continue providing the essential protections needed to ensure quality health care and asset protection.
We work with our clients and their families to find the best and most acceptable solution to ensure our clients have access to their assets for their long term care needs and to support their desired quality of life.
Contact us today to learn more about how our customized tailor-made Life Care Plan can help to ensure your long term health care, legal and financial needs are met and your assets are protected.
For assistance or to learn about our FREE CONSULTATION, call 910-272-0121 now!